We hope you like the new front end of FixturesLive – our fourth major makeover in 15 years. Mercifully the old designs are no longer visible.
As you will probably have seen, it is mobile-friendly – “responsive” in the lingo – so will fit desktop, tablet and mobile, and we’ve managed to do this without having to change the links that people use – which, I hope you can understand, is no small achievement (so we’re rather pleased with ourselves). Notable issues are:
- this layout has been applied to all public pages, plus the small set of ‘user’ screens immediately after people log in (My Details and so on)
- it’s easier to find things, and you can now save your favourites
- the facility to subscribe to turn adverts off is to be set live shortly
- more work will follow, to the public screens, so they will work better on mobile devices
- our set of old-fashioned mobile-specific screens will be killed off at the end of October
- We will be applying the same layout to popular ‘admin-side’ areas, starting with the Club Member area – this will take time, so bear with us
If you have any feedback, let us know.
For the geeks out there, we have used Twitter Bootstrap.